Rapid and respectful response to individuals and families in crisis
24 Hour response by phone, toll free:
24-Hour walk-in service:
Augusta, Maine - 10 Caldwell Road (Directions)
Skowhegan, Maine - 346 Water Street
Mailing Address: PO Box 558, Augusta ME 04332
Crisis & Counseling Centers is the sole provider of crisis services to residents of Kennebec and Somerset counties. Our services are based on what is best for the client. That is why we strive to respond to calls by meeting with people in their homes or in the community, as much as possible, and in the ER when needed.
Who Uses Crisis Services?
- Anyone who feels they are in crisis
- Children, teens and adults
- Some of the Reasons People Call Us:
- Thoughts of suicide or self-injury
- Feelings of depression and hopelessness
- Thoughts of hurting someone else
- Feeling out of control
- Use of substances is making life a struggle
- Feeling overwhelmed by a recent tragedy or loss
Is There a Charge for Services?
We are required to bill for our services. MaineCare and private insurance will pay for many of our services. If you qualify, but do not have MaineCare coverage, our staff can help you apply after you have received services. You may also qualify for financial assistance. You will not be denied service based on your inability to pay.
Call the toll-free hotline, 1-888-568-1112. (YOU CANNOT ACCESS SERVICES THROUGH THIS WEBSITE OR BY EMAIL)
For more information about Crisis & Counseling’s 24-Hour crisis response service see 24-Hour Phone/Mobile Response.